Unlike neighbouring East African countries, Jumia Classifieds has not yet picked up well in South Sudan. There are still very few listings of products and services for sale on the website – the leading category being real estate listsings.
About Jumia South Sudan
Jumia is a free classifieds website where you can post your ad for free with a simple click. You get to discover what individuals and professionals from all over South Sudan are selling, from used cars to furniture, real estate, jobs, mobile phones, or other used items, you can find everything you need.
You can buy and sell almost anything in your city. It only takes 2 minutes to post an ad and it’s 100% free! You can access the website at ss.jumia.com.
Do I have to register to use Jumia?
You can browse and post your ads on Jumia without any registration. However it is strongly recommended to register so that you can enjoy the full experience of the website.
How do I post an ad?
Post your ad by clicking on the button Post Free Ad. Fill in the information concerning your ad, upload pictures and click on Post Free Ad.
How long will my ad appear on the website?
Your ad will be visible for a period of 90 days on the website. If you sell your item before the expiration date, please delete your ad. If not, you will be able to reactivate your ad after it expires.
Online Safety Tips for Using Jumia
Tips to stay safe while buying on Jumia
- Meet the seller in a public place that you are familiar with
- Don’t pay for anything before checking the quality of the product you are buying
- Avoid sending money in advance or use any platform like Western Union, MoneyGram…
- Beware of unrealistically low prices
- Do not give personal information (bank details, credit/debit card number)
Tips to stay safe while selling on Jumia
- Always ask a phone number to the buyers who contact you by email and check that it is valid
- Avoid anyone who wants to pay via money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram or any other unsafe wire transfer
- Beware of buyers located abroad, Jumia is a 100% local website
- Do not send your item to a buyer before he has fully paid for it
Tips to spot a fraudster
Pay extra attention when:
- The name of the seller or the store is a foreign name
- The phone number does not seem to be local
- The description contains Skype details, prices in foreign currency ($ or € for example)
- The price is too precise. Scammers tend to convert a dollar price to local currency which gives very detailed prices
Each ad is validated manually by the Jumia Content team to ensure that you sell & buy safely on Jumia. If you feel like an ad is a scam, please contact management via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or via their “Contact us” form.