(Last Updated On: September 2, 2019)

August 30 2019, South Sudan NEWS PORTAL

(JUBA) – A joint venture between UAP Insurance South Sudan and Central Equatorial Investment Corporation, the UAP Towers in Juba is the undisputed tallest building in South Sudan. The corporation is the investment arm of Central Equatorial State in South Sudan. South Sudan NEWS PORTAL brings ten facts about the building that dominates Juba city’s skyline.

Entry 1 – Building Name: Equatorial Towers

Entry 2 – Number of Floors: 15 

Count to confirm

Entry 3 – Area Occupied: 8,000 square meters of lettable space

Photo: Web Scout

Entry 4: Cost of Construction: USD 17.5 Million or SSP 2.3 Billion

The building cost SSP 2.3 Billion to construct – about 10 percent of South Sudan’s daily oil earnings

Entry 5: Location: Hai Neem, about 2 Kilometers from Juba International Airport

The Juba International Airport is a mere 1.9 km away which facilitates a great opportunity for global connections as well.

Entry 6: Casualties

A renowned SPLM youth leader Valentino Mathiang, plunged to his death from the Equatoria tower in Juba in an apparent suicide early this year.

Entry 7: Green Standards

Equatorial Towers’ design includes maximizing natural ventilation and natural light in public areas and the use of LED and compact fluorescent artificial lighting throughout the building.

The design also includes the use of low-emissivity glass in all windows and insulation in the walls, ceilings and floors to cut down the amount of air conditioning required to cool the building. It also minimizes the use of finishes containing volatile organic compounds.

Entry 8: Office services and facilities

The building has one or more onsite car parks. High speed broadband internet access is available. Modern interior design and spaces are used in the interior design of Equatorial Towers. 24 hour access and security to the building is guaranteed and provided by the proprietors.

Always open: 24 hour access and security around the clock. Amenities such as air conditioning, internet and high speed elevators are part of the building.

Entry 9: Ownership

Central Equatorial Investment Company, the investment arm of Equatoria State owns a 30 per cent stake in the building, while UAP Insurance owns the remaining 70 percent. UAP insurance is active in 19 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America.

Entry 10: Cost of Rent

Serviced offices from SSP1800 pp pm. Details and prices are available by calling +44 333 2200 769. You can also get a quotation or book a tour of the building here.


S.Sudan NEWS PORTAL:  SPLM-IO surprised and disappointed over Special Envoy’s proposal of 90 days


Leave a Reply