South Sudan NEWS PORTAL (JUBA CITY)
• For the next 15 days (12-26 July) much heavier rainfall than those of both the last two weeks and the long-term average is expected, hence an increased risk of flooding in WBeG, Unity and Upper Nile.
• From March-1 st to June-30th 2020 increased rainfall was experienced for much of South Sudan
• Flood incident since mid-May until now, were reported in some Payams of Juba, Bor-South, Payinjiar, Twic-East counties and flood waters are still standing affecting crops, livestock and left many households displaced requiring shelter, WASH and some food.
• The cumulative heavy rains experienced in May and June, and the expected high rains in July is likely to result in more flooding across the flood prone areas as in 2019.
• 2020 may be a good agricultural season, except for the flooded areas and those affected by desert locusts.
Continue reading at ReliefWeb - Updates
As reported by ReliefWeb - Updates. Enjoyed this news story? Read more South Sudan news features on ReliefWeb - Updates.
Credits : ReliefWeb - Updates (https://reliefweb.int) → Author : South Sudan PRESS REVIEW
Publishing and Aggregation by : South Sudan NEWS PORTAL
Permission : Central Press Syndicate South Sudan
Facebook : South Sudan NEWS PORTAL
We respect the intellectual property rights of our news sources and expect our users to do the same. We may provide links to external news sources from time to time, but any trademarks, logos, photographs and videos remain their copyrighted works. If you feel our website violates fair use or infringes on your copyright, inform us immediately for redress.
The Central Press Syndicate of South Sudan publishes articles related to South Sudan from press wires, verified social media sources and Google news, thereby centralizing South Sudanese news from all over the web, in an easy to read format.
Read related stories with similar tags below: