National CCCM Cluster
- National CCCM Cluster facilitated updates to site contingency plans for respective PoCs in coordination with CCCM Cluster State Focal Persons.
- In collaboration with partners, conducted a low key assessment/consultations with community in PoCAA and local authorities to gauge perceptions on return to Deim Zubeir. Also, supported partners’ efforts in relocating IDPs from PoC 1 to Mayendit, Ganyiel, Nyal and Malakal, Pagak
Constructed 3 footbridges and repaired 7 entrance ramps to improved disability access in the site. Dismantled 2 empty shelter blocks and 7 shelter extensions in C4 and B2 to ensure unimpeded access; allocated shelter in PoCAA to 65 individuals from 9 households, and 294 individuals from 34 households of new arrivals from Jur River County.
Informed new arrivals in Hai Masna about available services within the site, and issued advisory against movement further away from the site in search of rewood or food items.
Women Committee supported the site leadership during the removal of 14 empty shelters in St. Joseph’s.
Facilitated training on Protection and GBV mainstreaming for partners, and site governance and CFM for site leaders. Also, facilitated visit of donor delegation from Netherlands to Cathedral and discussions with the Women Committee.
- Conducted meetings with coordination partners to discuss the election of new site leaders as part of efforts to improve coordination of activities and safety within the site. Additionally, continued engagement on youth behaviour in a bid to resolve the ongoing impasse in the site.
Facilitated a 3-day Camp Coordination and Camp Management training targeting 22 staff (7 female, 15 male) from 9 international and local humanitarian agencies and NGOs.
- CM reported a total of 33 individuals from 7 households who exited the site to Sudan, Kodok, Nyigeer and Padhyang, and 81 individuals from 24 households who arrived in the site from camps in Sudan due to service related issues and family matters.
To enhance local leadership capacities, CM completed construction of office structure for site leaders, and conducted an awareness raising session on site governance terms of reference for site leaders. Also, conducted Camp Management, and facilitated meetings of the Welfare Committee, Women Committee, and Fire Safety Committee as part of regular coordination and service monitoring.
- Ongoing care and maintenance activities including cleaning and repair of 1,340 meters of drainages in Sectors 4 and 5, desilting 81 culverts in Sectors 1 and 4, and re-installation of 11 culverts in Sectors 4 and 5.
Camp management in collaboration with partners conducted the bi-weekly meeting of the Community disabled committee(CDC); CDC members requested for provision of solar lamps, mosquito nets and gumboots.
Collective Sites/Mobile Response:
- Missions to Nhialdiu on 13 March, and Nimni from 19 to 20 March to conduct a multi-sector needs assessments, meet with community leaderships, assess IDP/returnee situation, and map services and structures.
Rubkona County Authority is now preparing a piece of land in Nyacom opposite Rubkona Airport to relocate residents of Hai Salam.
Leer and Mayendit
Conducted a training to enhance the participation, engagement, and coordination capacities of the community structures in Touchriak.
Held meeting with Mayendit RRC-secretary to discuss harmonization of incentives for casual workers. Additionally, CCCM conducted a capacity building exercise for community structures which targeted 25 participants (15 female, 10 male).