South Sudan NEWS PORTAL
Monday 4 March
- Ethiopian President Abiy Ahmed and Eritrean President Isaiaas Afwerki visited South Sudan to discuss the way forward for the revitalised peace agreement with President Salva Kiir.
- IGAD invited the leader of South Sudan United Front (SSUF), General Paul Malong for a meeting to discuss the implementation of the revitalised peace agreement. The meeting is scheduled for 11 March.
- Relief Web: “South Sudan: Force Protection Map as of March 2019”
Tuesday 5 March
- The UN accused foreign oil companies operating in South Sudan of stoking armed conflict in the country.
- President Kiir apologised to the people of Wau, Western Bahr el Ghazal, for “mistakes and suffering” during the civil war.
Thursday 7 March
- The National Pre-Transitional Committee said that the new government most likely will not be in place by the end of the 8-months pre-transitional period. Secretary Martin Elia Lomuro blamed lack of funding for the process.
- The UN appealed to the Government of South Sudan (GoSS) to release the human rights defender Peter Biar Ajak from prison. You can read more about this in posts from August 2018, here and here.
Original full article available on the website → Monitoring South Sudan
Credits : Monitoring South Sudan (https://blogs.prio.org/MonitoringSouthSudan) → Author : South Sudan PRESS REVIEW
Publishing and Aggregation by : South Sudan NEWS PORTAL
Permission : Central Press Syndicate South Sudan
Facebook : South Sudan NEWS PORTAL
We respect the intellectual property rights of our news sources and expect our users to do the same. We may provide links to external news sources from time to time, but any trademarks, logos, photographs and videos remain their copyrighted works. If you feel our website violates fair use or infringes on your copyright, inform us immediately for redress.
The Central Press Syndicate of South Sudan publishes articles related to South Sudan from press wires, verified social media sources and Google news, thereby centralizing South Sudanese news from all over the web, in an easy to read format.